Health Programs for the Rural Poor, Java
Dharma Care collaborates with Yayasan Usaha Mulia (YUM) to deliver an ongoing program aimed at improving the welfare and health of 80 elderly rural poor in Cipanas, West Java. Its specific aims are:
- Improving the welfare of the elderly, both physically and psychologically,
- Increasing the elderly’s knowledge of health and sanitation practices,
- Encouraging the elderly to be healthier and more independent,
- Improving the nutritional status of the elderly, and
- Bringing the elderly closer together and caring for each other.
More information: yumindonesia.org
Annual Target: $7,000
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Dharma Care for your valuable and generous support towards YUM’s Elderly Health Program in Cipanas, West Java. Thanks to the funding we receive, we are able to provide monthly health check-ups as well as social activities for 80 elderly living in the vicinity of the community centre. … Your continuous support will enable our community of elderly to improve not only their health but also the quality of their life.
Erna, YUM Project Manager