Dharma Care's Housing Solutions in Northern NSW
FINDING TEMPORARY HOUSING SOLUTIONS
This project will be developed with a view to making it replicable in other regional centres. It is important therefore to capture the key lessons learned, key resources and support organisations that are useful in assisting people to rebuild their lives. This information could include short videos, forms, how-to guides, resource links, help content including both practical and emotional support.
The project will explore transportable accommodation options such as buses, pods, mobile homes, expandable containers, but we are open to any options that might work and be cost effective.
If it’s a bus, we will definitely find a better one than this old timer. !
In time we envisage having multiple short term accommodation solutions across a number of local regions.
Are there any other innovative solutions you have seen?
We would love to hear from you if you have any ideas. We truly value your input and involvement.
If you would like to support this project
FINDING LONG-TERM HOUSING SOLUTIONS
- It is a three-star development targeting low to middle income earners. This will not preclude someone purchasing a more expensive home.
- It promotes independent living in a safe and secure setting that has shared recreational facilities to encourage an active and diverse lifestyle.
- Its success (development and operation) will be dependent on transparent communication between stakeholders.
- It will provide approximately 44 x 2-bed homes plus 6 x lower-cost bedsits or studios. This ratio may change as development is finalised.
- Rental accommodation will also be available with the aim of keeping rents within the NSW government’s guideline of below 30% of income.