Dharma Care’s Global Network
Dharma Care is a very proud Associate Member of Susila Dharma International Association (SDIA). SDIA is a network of Susila Dharma national organizations and associate members from 25 countries.
SDIA has been operating for fifty-four years – and that brings a lot of experience. This gives Dharma Care access to an invaluable global network of projects and dedicated experts.
You may not have heard of SDIA but in 2020, SDIA was ranked 261 out of the top 500 global NGOs by NGO Advisor. Considering the hundreds of thousands of NGOs in the world, this is no small achievement !!
So what do we get out of this close collaboration?
It’s a quite a list and very important to getting the results we do:
- An opportunity to work with grass-roots charities in countries all around the world.
- International and in-country expertise in countries that can often pose too many problems for a small charity like Dharma Care to access.
- Boots on the ground to implement projects that meet our special criteria as a Public Benevolent Institution.
- Fundraising support. For example, Dharma Care and SDIA jointly raised funds to help desperate bushfire-affected families in Australia in 2020.
SDIA’s Impressive Global Affiliations
SDIA has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF). SDIA is also affiliated with the UN Department of Public Information, NGO Section.
SDIA is an affiliate of the World Subud Association. Subud is an international, spiritual association of people who share a unique experience known as the ‘latihan’ or exercise. Subud is not a religion and requires no study or teacher. It is an association of men and women of all nationalities, all beliefs and faiths, and all cultures, with a common purpose to:
- To encourage peace, harmony and understanding between peoples regardless of their ethnic origin or religion.
- To provide educational and other facilities for the development of the full potential of human beings.
- To relieve poverty and deprivation.
- To encourage the development of a healthy and harmonious inner and outer environment for the well-being of humankind.
- To encourage cultural activities and the values which enliven and enrich the human spirit.
- To encourage the entrepreneurial spirit which enables people to express their true talents and develop the capacity to improve the quality of their lives.
A Great Alignment of Focus and Values
SDIA works globally for just and sustainable development by working with people around the world to provide individuals, families and communities in need with the tools and support needed to improve their lives. This aligns extremely well with Dharma Care’s Vision for “a compassionate world where all are valued and supported to live joyful, meaningful and sustainable lives”.
Through collaborating on grassroots initiatives in the areas of health, education and sustainable livelihoods, the SDIA network makes a difference to the lives of some of the most destitute people in the world. But it is more than that, we share values. The way we do things is as important as what we do.
Donating to Dharma Care
Dharma Care: building bridges between people who care and people who need.